Forming part of the Paint Shop, the Aircraft Painter carries out paint repairs on aircraft external and internal components which include preparation of parts, sanding and paint removal either by chemical or mechanical means, and final application of paint as necessary either by brush, roller or spray gun. The role also involves the reading and understanding technical drawings and the applicable approved maintenance data.
- To read, understand and work in accordance with the applicable and approved maintenance data such as but not limited to SRM, AMM, IPC, applicable drawings, Engineering Orders, Jobcards, etc.
- To perform QSS assessment of the task in accordance with the company’s Quality management system
- To repair and repaint aircraft and aircraft components
- To maintain tools, equipment and workplace in a serviceable condition and checks for completeness after each maintenance work according company standards
- To be aware in terms of what are the expected quality standards of the work performed
- To use IT systems to perform tasks such as look for approved maintenance data, clock on jobcards, etc.
- To support the section team leader and/or Support Shop Manager Paint and Cabin
- To instruct and teach Staff on painting techniques
- To check the quality of the finished article to ensure regulatory, company and customers’ standards are met
- To check all jobcards, before aircraft is released to service
- To ensure that the Temperature, 5S and tool storage cabinet have been signed for
- To supervise, assign work to contractors coming from recruiting firms and agencies and evaluate their work
- To assist with aircraft full repaint events such as but not limited to (paint events taking place in aviation cosmetics)
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
- Possess adequate work experience in aircraft painting procedures; and/or have experience in a similar industry such as in the automotive and marine industry
- Possess a spray painters’ course such as the MCAST Diploma in Automotive Repair (Body and Paint) or equivalent course
- Have all the training and experience as per the company’s defined training standard and the criteria established by the company’s quality management system
- Have a strong demonstrated commitment to detail, precise and high-quality work
- Be a good team player
- Good communication skills
- Able to read and write in English
- Be ready to work shift including nightshifts and weekends
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aircraft maintenance business. Direct applications will be treated with priority.