At SR Technics we aspire to be the leading, most customer-centric and most innovative MRO company. To contribute to our mission, we look for an experienced Assembly Process Engineer.
Headquartered at Zurich Airport in Switzerland, SR Technics is one of the world-leading MRO service providers in the civil aviation industry and works with an extensive network of partners and business development offices in Europe, America, Asia, and the Middle East. We offer comprehensive, fully customized solutions for the Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul of aircraft engines, airframe, and components including impeccable technical support to over 500 customers worldwide.
To start your talent journey with us, apply now as:
Assembly Process Engineer
The Assembly Process Engineer is responsible for the introduction, development, and optimization of complex assembly/manufacturing processes. You will define the assembly process, determines requirements for new processes or equipment, troubleshoots and implements process improvements.
You will be responsible for the introduction and operationally support the assembly procedures in accordance with the OEM prerequisites and data, involving but not limited to:
- Rotor Stacking and balancing operations
- CNC Grinding / Machining of rotors, stators and subsequent parts
This function is of central importance as it is the link between Operations, Process Engineering, Tool and Equipment Engineering, Shop Engineering, Machine Maintenance, and external sources. You will coordinate all activities and aims to ensure that everything runs smoothly in the agreed time frame. These assembly procedures range from simple book assembly procedures, with all relevant information available to complex CNC Machining requiring source demonstration towards the licensing/approving OEMs.
Further, the Assembly Process Engineer plays a key role in driving innovative solutions to technical challenges that will lead to improvements in yield, cost, quality or efficiency of the process(es).
- Prepare and present initial data package for business case if required
- Setup assembly procedure introduction project structure and plan
- Manage project according to plan and define mitigations when necessary
- Request technical OEM data relevant to the to be established procedure and manage data exchange
- Develop, setup and issue assembly processes as well as provide support to Operations
- Implement and support standardized assembly process(es) for industrialization
- Establish process metrics and goals
- Creating, processing, visualizing, and analyzing datasets related to assembly procedures
- Investigate and implement plans to apply novel process technologies
- Ensure close communication with all stakeholders
- Consolidate the entire documentation and ensure the publication of relevant documents in the system
- Provide support when requested to Operations, Process Engineering, Tooling Engineering and/or Shop Engineering.
- Scientific/Technical degree MSc or BSc Mechanical Engineering
- English (C1), German is recommended
- Experienced in Manufacturing and/or Maintenance of Rotating equipment
- Experience in CNC Machining, incl. programming
- Experience in Statistics, data analysis and visualization
- Proactive and flexible character with a strong achiever mentality
- Cross-linked thinker
- Strong team player and communicator
- An attractive position in a global and dynamic company
- Competitive employment conditions
- Opportunity for professional and personal development
Thank you for your interest.
By submitting your application, you give your consent that all personal data you have submitted here may be processed by us for the purposes of candidate selection process in our company.
Please note that only candidates who meet the listed requirements will be contacted.