At SR Technics we aspire to be the leading, most customer-centric and most innovative MRO company. To contribute to our mission, we look for an experienced Head of GTF Operations.
Headquartered at Zurich Airport in Switzerland, SR Technics is one of the world-leading MRO service providers in the civil aviation industry and works with an extensive network of partners and business development offices in Europe, America, Asia, and the Middle East. We offer comprehensive, fully customized solutions for the Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul of aircraft engines, airframe, and components including impeccable technical support to over 500 customers worldwide.
To start your talent journey with us, apply now as:
Head of GTF Operations
The Head of GTF Operations leads all operational facets of the Engine Shop engaged in MRO activities on PW1100G-JM “GTF” engines. Specifically, she/he oversees and manages disassembly and assembly operations, ensuring optimal performance in Turnaround Time (TAT), cost-effectiveness, and sustained operational efficiency throughout the entry-into-service, ramp-up phase, and beyond.
In collaboration with the OEM MRO Network Lead and our New Engines Industrialization Team, the Head of GTF Operations defines and executes the implementation of the shop floor setup, encompassing footprint, tooling, equipment, and the entire Disassembly-Assembly-Test (DAT) & repair processes, alongside managing related logistical aspects. She/he actively participates in the recruitment process and ensures training of essential staff.
She/he is dedicated to maintaining compliance with OEM and airworthiness requirements for MRO activities on PW1100G-JM engines under her/his purview. Additionally, she/he continuously monitors the performance of existing operation technologies and setups, both within the organization and the OEM MRO Network, recommending and driving improvements to enhance overall efficiency.
Furthermore, the Head of GTF Operations and her/his team may extend support to MRO operations on LEAP engines as needed.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure a positive safety culture and implement the Safety and Quality Policy, adhering to SMS Manual guidelines and addressing non-conformities.
- Operational Excellence: Oversee PW1100G-JM Dis-/Assembly & Testing operations, establish cost-effective processes prioritizing safety and quality, ensure on-time delivery, and implement best practices for efficiency.
- TAT Optimization: Collaborate cross-functionally to reduce Turnaround Time (TAT) while maintaining cost-effectiveness, implementing real-time tracking systems for shop visit completion.
- Cost Management: Develop and implement cost-effective strategies, review operational costs regularly, and identify savings opportunities without compromising quality or safety.
- Efficiency Improvement: Lead continuous efficiency improvement initiatives, track progress during ramp-up, and apply LEAN and Continuous Improvement methodologies to achieve targets.
- Collaboration: Align processes, operational setup, and training with Vice Presidents to ensure efficiency across both "Main Line" and "New Engines," interface with OEM Operational team, and collaborate with other DAT shops in the GTF network.
- Resource Management: Lead and develop a high-performing team, allocate resources efficiently, and contribute to capital expenditure plans with a strategic focus on efficiency improvement.
- Technical and/or commercial education (Bachelor / Master degree)
- More than 10 years of MRO / Production environment experience
- Leadership experience: > 5 years
- Project Management: > 5 years
- In-depth knowledge of aviation regulations, industry standards, and best practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, making data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, collaborating effectively across departments.
- Advanced ERP / SAP know-how/skills
- Proven track record in Continuous Improvement (Lean Six Sigma / CI application)
- Proficiency in English as a must, ideally in German as well (Level C2)
- An attractive and challenging position in a global and dynamic company
- One-time chance to shape the operational setup of our future GTF shop
- Competitive employment conditions
- Opportunity for professional and personal development
Thank you for your interest.
By submitting your application, you give your consent that all personal data you have submitted here may be processed by us for the purposes of candidate selection process in our company.
Please note that only candidates who meet the listed requirements will be contacted.