Junior Production Planner
The Production Planner is responsible for creating the Bill of Work (BOW) in SAP based on a received work package from a customer. Further to this, the Production Planner amends BOW’s based on customers’ work package changes. The incumbent in the role also coordinates all work with methodics and material coordination for allocating and releasing of job cards for routine maintenance tasks, modifications and repairs of different maintenance projects in Malta. The Production Planner supports the Planning Manager in the daily running and overlooking of the aircraft projects. The role will also include a coordination element with event controlling and account management, and will include tasks such as setting up and regularly checking the accounting tree and correct issues during ground time, based on the conditions defined in the contract for the project.
- Monitor, modify and clear open work lists before and during ground time;
- Prepare, co-ordinate and release bill of work;
- Prepare work package for production;
- Inform methodic referring to errors on job cards and implement improvement;
- Print job cards for Malta events;
- Prepare work package for the Malta operation and hand over job cards to production;
- After having gained some experience, create ship side board documentation and run ship side meeting with all responsible parties;
- Support and monitor paperwork closure of the check;
- Support the Planning Manager in the running of aircraft project;
- Support the Bay Manager office during aircraft closing;
- Implement work package changes and coordinate bill of work during ground time;
- Build work breakdown structure (WBS) accounting tree set up in SAP and assign PM activity according to the contract conditions as received from the Belgrade invoicing team;
- Recognize additional work that is not covered by contract and request the issue of additional work requests (AWR) in agreement with the Commercial Manager;
- Verify and correct the accounting tree in SAP in accordance to the contract if work package revisions arise during the ground time;
- Check man hours and materials in SAP for not contracted and chargeable items during and at the end of ground time in close cooperation with the event controlling;
- Monitor and investigate significant deviations in the budget vs KPIs actual figures and assist to provide clear explanations;
- Approve and negotiate AWRs with customers and in close cooperation with account management;
- Archive hard copies of the AWRs;
- Scan AWRs and archive electronically in SharePoint;
- Create and coordinate final documentation and send to the customer when necessary;
- Execute any other task commensurate with the role.
- Possess between 3 to 5 years of work experience as an aircraft maintenance technician or experience working within a Planning Department/Ground time coordination office;
- Be knowledgeable on aircraft documentation;
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Be diligent and have strong attention to detail;
- Be a good team player with an aptitude for leadership;
- Be a good communicator, confident and is able to problem solve;
- Knowledge of SAP and of Airbus narrow body aircrafts will be considered an asset.
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aviation industry. Direct applications will be treated with priority.