The Production Trainer is responsible for the creation and delivery of a variety of different courses and programmes aimed at developing the knowledge and skills of SR Technics Malta employees. The incumbent will use a variety of techniques including theoretical as well as practical approaches to deliver training material. This position is answerable to the Training Manager.
- Provide required classroom and on the job training to SR Technics Malta employees, with a specific focus on employees pertaining to the production and support shop areas;
- Contribute to the training gap analysis for employees and to the relevant training plans and delivery of such courses aimed at diminishing the gap in skill and knowledge;
- Facilitate new hire orientation to include mandatory and safety related training and familiarization with SR Technics policies and procedures;
- Monitor and mentor SR Technics apprentices during their apprenticeship period;
- Follow established syllabi and develop new curricula in line with student requirements;
- Develop new methods of training, adapting to the requirements of the students and the business;
- Plan and schedule participants in specific training programmes;
- Evaluate the progress of each employee during the training period and upon the completion of the training, providing feedback to the student on their progress;
- Assist in developing new effective production techniques, training on the new techniques and their implementation in production;
- Train employees on a variety of processes on the shop floor and in the classroom, including, but not limited to documentation handling, use of systems, the use of tools and equipment and material handling;
- Develop training methodologies and procedures;
- Develop and promote positive working relationships with new hires, apprentices, colleagues and contractors;
- Ensure there is recording and completion of required documentation for training sessions and coordinate with Training Co-Ordinators for training tracking;
- Organize and maintain training venues, logistics, and equipment;
- Meet with key stakeholders to review training materials and processes;
- Engage in any other work commensurate with the role.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have experience in working in an MRO in roles such as a Technician, a B1 and/or B2 Engineer, Structure Mechanic or Painter;
- Be able to present complex information to a variety of audiences;
- Be proficient in using MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Having experience with developing and conducting hands on, instructor led technical courses and possessing knowledge of learning principles would be an asset.
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aircraft maintenance business. Only direct applications will be considered.